As one of the leading cardiac specialists in northeast Ohio, North Ohio Heart provides the full-continuum of care for our patients. With a team of cardiac experts and clinical researchers assembled, we are dedicated to providing the highest-level of cutting-edge cardiac care to every patient.
- Non-Invasive Cardiology - Our non-invasive cardiac care encompasses many general preventive and diagnostic methods to facilitate our patient's heart health. The practice focus on screening and prevention through the use of diagnostic testing and lab work. Patients are counseled on risk factor modification and lifestyle changes to facilitate their individual health. We also provide diagnostic tests to identify current disorders of the heart and develop a plan for minimally -invasive treatment
- Invasive Cardiology - This area of cardiology uses invasive procedures to diagnose heart disease. Trained in a procedure called cardiac catherization, our Invasive cardiologists are able to perform this diagnostic procedure to find blockages of the arteries.
- Interventional Cardiology - Our interventional cardiologists perform more advanced procedures than the invasive and non-invasive cardiologist. They spend most of their time in a hospital performing procedures such as balloon angioplasty or stent placement to open blocked arteries of the heart or other vessels including vessels of the legs or kidneys.
- EP (Electro-Physiology) - Irregular beating of the heart, called arrhythmias, are the results of electrical pulses working improperly and can be fatal if undiagnosed and untreated. Our Electrophysiologist utilizes the newest technology to treat arrhythmias including ablation and placement of internal cardiac defibrillators or pacemakers.
- Nuclear Cardiology - Our nuclear cardiology department utilizes the most current diagnostic equipment to diagnose heart disease in a non-invasive way as well as predict outcomes in patients with heart disease. In conjunction with other non-invasive techniques, nuclear cardiology can assess and evaluate the pumping functions of the heart, the blood flow and conceptualize location of a previous or impending heart attack.
Our physicians specializing in this area include:
- Dr. Ademola Abiose (NOH Elyria/Westlake)
- Dr. Naim Z. Farhat (NOH Elyria)
- Dr. Hassan M. Ibrahim (NOH Norwalk)
- Dr. David B. Joyce (NOH & OMG Lorain)
- Dr. Michael M. Langer (NOH Elyria)
- Dr. Michael J. Lyster (NOH Norwalk)
- Dr. Scott H. McCallister (NOH & OMG Lorain)
- Dr. Patrick W. McGuinn (NOH Sandusky)
- Dr. Geetha Mohan (NOH & OMG Lorain)
- Dr. Charles D. O'Shaughnessy (NOH Elyria)
- Dr. Lori Rusterholtz (NOH & OMG Middleburg Heights)
- Dr. John W. Schaeffer (NOH Elyria)
- Dr. Scott W. Sheldon (NOH Sandusky)
- Dr. Mourhaf Traboulssi (NOH Sandusky)
- Dr. Michael Vacante (NOH Elyria)
- Dr. Philip D. Wendschuh (NOH & OMG Lorain)
- Dr. Mojtaba E. Youssefi (NOH & OMG Middleburg Heights)